Ruby Red was born out of grief. She’s nine. She’s spunky. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She appeared out of the blue and stole the first line of my next novel. She took off running and I’ve been tagging along ever since.

It’s difficult to make sense of life after both your sister and brother die within a few months of each other like Ruby’s did. Her whole world turned upside down so Ruby turned to blogging to try and put things “right” again.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

So Long, Farewell, Auf Weidersehen, Goodbye

It’s been a whole year since my sister left us ‘n nine months since my brother went away. I think they’re happy in heaven. I feel kinda bad sayin’ this but I think God loves the two of ‘em more ‘n I ever could. But one thing I don’t get is if God loved Loraine so much why’d he give her a broke heart ‘n bad lungs? Grandma says I’ll understand it one day…we all will. What I got to be thankful for is that Loraine was strong enough to live 13 years when them doctors done told Mama ‘n Daddy that she wouldn’t make it to her first birthday. Anyways Loraine ‘n Rubin left a great big hole in my heart that won’t never get healed up. But like I said last week I feel stronger ‘n braver ever single day. Most of it’s ‘cause a Jessie Mobley ‘n Kerrington. My friends listened to me cry ‘n rant ‘n ‘member. I’m thankful for them girls.

Next week I’ll turn ten. It’s gonna be a hard sad day turnin’ ten without my twin turin’ ten too. But if I know Rubin he’ll be singin’ real loud…so loud that I just might hear him. And Loraine too now that she idn’t sickly no more. Come to think ‘bout it, I bet Loraine idn’t so mad ‘n bossy no more. Maybe I’ll hear her singin’ real loud too. Just thinkin’ ‘bout it closes up that hole in my heart a little bit.

I’m keepin’ my blog up so if you know somebody who’s sad ‘bout losing someone they love you can sure share my blog link with ‘em. Maybe it’ll make ‘em smile a little bit. So for now, from me, Jessie Mobley, Kerrington, Bond James Bond, ‘n Jelly Bean it’s, so long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye…goodbye, goodbye, goodbye….


This here LINK is one a Grandma’s favorite songs. Just pretend like it’s me ‘n Kerrington ‘n Jessie Mobley singin’ it to you! Just click on LINK


Thanks everbody for lettin' me talk so much! I appreciate it!


2 comments:

Judy Baker said...

I won't forget you Ruby. Have a wonderful birthday with all your friends and treasure those memories of your brother and sister in your heart

Shelia Rudesill said...

Thank you Judy for being Ruby's #1 fan!